PDA

View Full Version : How to induce vomiting?

cbrandolino
11-05-2008, 02:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

Alright, so I'm a little new to this. I've been anorexic off and on since middle school (I'm now 24). I stopped for a while and have gained a considerable amount of weight (used to be 105, now I'm 128) and am having trouble. Thought I'm not eating much, I feel guilty when I eat, but am having trouble making myself throw up.

Any suggestions?

Stacey23
11-05-2008, 03:04 PM
I dont seem to be able to make myself throw up.
I havent been sick since I was 6 years old, Im 17 now, I just dont be sick. So when I tried making myself vomit numerous times it just didnt work. So im supporting the OP, any tips?

sarah-charlotte
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
im so sorry your having difficulties but please i need to warn both of you that bulimia is a horrible, shameful, disgusting disease - it rots your teeth, destroys your throat, stomach and skin. iv been anorexic for 7 years and bulimic for 3 of those. i thought that by making myself sick it would make ana easier, take away the guilt ect. but it doesn't, all it will lead to is binging and purging and then when your 22 you have to have teeth pulled out as a result of acid erosion! if u want to lose weight, use ana but i could never NEVER encourage anyone to become bulimic. you will be opening a door that u may be unable to close.
im sorry to put a dampener on things but believe me its for your own good.

ella_bella
11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
I've never really had any trouble with throwing up to be honest so no tips there but I agree with Sarah_Charlotte. I've been doin this for a long time and it all sounded like a good idea in the beginning like an easy way to lose weight but the more result you get the more you do it and you end up getting addicted so don't think you can start this and then stop it when you reach your goal weight. I actually don't want to do it any more but i can't stop and i can't hold down food either. if i don't make myself sick i'll probably be sick anyway. Just ask yourself if you want to spend an hour throwing up after every meal you have because it all happens quite quickly in the beginning but after a while your stomach will start resisting it and it really starts to hurt you to throw up. I get abdominal pains, throw up blood, bloodshot eyes and headaches from the pressure, continuous heartburn the list is endless. plus you have to start doing it at work and then you have to brush your teeth all the time so no one gets suspicious or carry mouth wash around with you. Believe me it takes over your life.

I wouldn't advise anyone to start throwing up or starving themselves. please don't do it. I'm trapped don't trap yourself.

dietcokequeenx
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
If you haven't, don't start. It's horribly addictive, and can actually cause you to GAIN weight. You'll want to binge and instead of thinking "If I do this, i'll have to fast for the next few days", you'll think "I can binge because ill throw it all up afterwards". You can never get it all up, therefore eventually you will start to gain weight as you become dependant on the fact that you can binge and purge.

Professorana
11-10-2008, 06:52 AM
Ana if far more effective than bulimia. You will be bloated and actually gain weight rather than lose. I was mia for 7 years and I have a serious heart condition as a result of all the straining. Please don't start this, it's too dangerous--people die in their sleep from the resulting electrolyte imbalances from all the throwing up. Not to mention, walking around with popped blood vessels in your eyes from the stress of puking is not attractive. Restrict restrict restrict, that's the only way to go. I'm sorry things are rough for you but really, restricting is so much better and you have SO much more control over yourself and your weight gain. And, please don't ever try anything like Ipecac to induce vomiting--THIS CAN KILL YOU on the first try and it has many people. Take it from somebody who is only ana now, it's MUCH more effective and I don't hate myself as much since I'm not constantly grubbing around for food, stealing food off people's counters and binging like I used to.
I hope I didn't sound too harsh and I know how difficult a spot you are in right now, but I don't want you to hurt yourself either.

Wannabewaif
11-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Ana if far more effective than bulimia. You will be bloated and actually gain weight rather than lose. I was mia for 7 years and I have a serious heart condition as a result of all the straining. Please don't start this, it's too dangerous--people die in their sleep from the resulting electrolyte imbalances from all the throwing up. Not to mention, walking around with popped blood vessels in your eyes from the stress of puking is not attractive. Restrict restrict restrict, that's the only way to go. I'm sorry things are rough for you but really, restricting is so much better and you have SO much more control over yourself and your weight gain. And, please don't ever try anything like Ipecac to induce vomiting--THIS CAN KILL YOU on the first try and it has many people. Take it from somebody who is only ana now, it's MUCH more effective and I don't hate myself as much since I'm not constantly grubbing around for food, stealing food off people's counters and binging like I used to.
I hope I didn't sound too harsh and I know how difficult a spot you are in right now, but I don't want you to hurt yourself either.

I wouldn't encourage anyone to become either one. If you don't have an eating disorder, please, do yourself a favor and don't try to develop one.

model
11-22-2008, 03:51 PM
omg u must be crazy , seriously i wish i had never ever passed from ana to mia, im a fuking model please beleive me, ure face is constanlty fat and swollen, and because u have been ana u will binge more thaqn u can throw up, ana is control, bulimia is not. i feel greedy and fat and calories dooo stay even if u sik ure guts up, i wish someone had sed this to me, ana keeps u lite skiiny and free, mia makes u fat swollen and depressed, im there i no, regain ana back while u can, mia grabs hold of u please listen to wot ive rote xx

pinkprincessbelle
11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
ana and mia are both bad! if u dont have an ed dont develop one! as much as i love ana i wish she didnt have such a control on my life! it would be nice to be normal.:(

dog_trainer
11-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I wanted once to try mia but a friend that is there told me how she hates it
n how horrible it is , so i just stick to ana even i dnt c the reasults i want, yet. Im sure that with the time ill get what i want, what i need.
Ironic- its an open fire on a basic need to get what i need.

Good luck to all - stay strong!

7dj83r8f78t4alf8