PDA

View Full Version : Scars show up worse in cold weather

annaliese
07-08-2011, 10:44 AM
If it's cold, all my old scars show up, along with any newerish ones which makes my arm look really discoloured, as it looks bad enough with just the newish scars. Help??

need.to.be.thin
07-08-2011, 02:23 PM
Mine go purple?! I've got little white scars on my knuckles from purging and they are barely noticable unless i'm cold when they go purple. Grr. Sorry i don't have any advice xx

SeeJoyJump
07-08-2011, 05:19 PM
Try to stay warm, or cover them up as much as possible....sorry I can't offer you any advice other than that. Personally I love the way my scars look in cold weather. It's summer here and it makes me sad that as my skin gets tanner my scars fade more :P

perfectmess <3
07-08-2011, 07:35 PM
i noticed this too. mine go either bright red or whiter. my skin turns blue and gets lighter so all my scars show up more. i would just try your best to stay warm. you could cover up the older ones with makeup or draw with pen all over the area to hide it. what i do sometimes is use a drug store sunless tanner to make your skin darker. this hides alot of scars for me. and even someone says something you could say its the fake tanner streaks or that it made your skin colour all wired.
since its cold weather, you can get away with always having your skin covered. its summer here for me so i have no exsuse other than being constanly freezing even in the heat.

beautifullypossessed
07-12-2011, 02:35 PM
My scars go purple when it's cold, and it's weird but I kind of like the way they look. No one else ever sees them so I suppose it doesn't really matter that much.
As need.to.be.thin mentioned, the scars on my knuckles from purging, depending on how bad they are at the time, also go purple in winter.
I really want it to be winter again, I just want to hide away, I hate this hot weather.

disconnected
07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I sometimes put a bit of concealer on mine. I don't have many visible ones though. Doesn't cover them completely but makes them less err... standoutish. Fake tan might help too, but I don't use that so can't vouch for it.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8