PDA

View Full Version : What does 600 to 800 calories a day look like?

rubyrubyruby
06-27-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm trying to eat around 600 to 800 calories a day.. Although i struggle thinking of things to eat that will fit in with a 600 to 800 calorie diet plan. I would really appreciate examples of what that many calories a day looks like?? Thankyou in advance xx

alm0ndmilk
06-27-2011, 06:36 AM
A cup of cereal with a cup of light soymilk - 200 calories
Grilled cheese sandwich - 200 calories
3/4 a cup of pasta with 1/4 a cup of pasta sauce - 220 calories
an individual cup of applesauce - 60 calories
TOTAL: 680 calories

I just randomly thought of that. There's actually a lot you can do with those few calories, it's all about choosing the right ingredients, and NOT snacking. Snacking/binging is usually what gets people.

louloo
06-27-2011, 06:39 AM
fill up on veggies :)
it makes you feel like your bot restricitng cause u can eat sooo much

Mianis
06-27-2011, 07:09 AM
I would recommend several really small meals/snacks a day so it feels like you are eating more.
example:
half serving cream of wheat with small packet raisins and splenda - 100

a medium apple - 80

romaine salad - 20
2 tbsp fat free dressing 60
small handful of grated cheese 100

1 cup mixed berries 60

1 fish NON-breaded small fillet - 90
1/3 baked potato - 40
1/2 cup mixed veggies - 40

fat-free fudgsicle - 40

total = 630

:)

feedmecontrol
06-27-2011, 07:40 AM
I don't want to be attacked but I feel this is sort of like giving out tips.

Teaching someone how to eat under 1200 cals is teaching them to restrict.

Dark Side
06-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree, which is why I didn't give my two cents even though I love my version of this. :(

birdie816
06-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I would avoid starting down the path of restriction if you can. It is such a dangerous slippery slope and it can turn really ugly very quickly. I struggle to get in 600 cals a day and I literally have to force myself to eat because I no longer know what a normal days worth of food looks like and I won't eat fatty foods just to get more calories. You should keep your normal intake and just make some healthy substitutions/add in more fruits and veggies.

The Aftermath
06-28-2011, 10:04 PM
It looks like a pale, tired, sick, apathetic, lethargic, and depressed version of yourself in the mirror...

Jessicella
06-29-2011, 05:16 AM
It looks like a pale, tired, sick, apathetic, lethargic, and depressed version of yourself in the mirror...

That was a little harsh, don't ya think?

weightlessrunner
06-29-2011, 06:17 AM

Whilst it isn't necessarily incorrect as 600-800 is not anywhere near healthy, I do agree with Jessicana in that it is unecessarily harsh.

uroboros
06-29-2011, 06:53 AM
Whilst it isn't necessarily incorrect as 600-800 is not anywhere near healthy, I do agree with Jessicana in that it is unecessarily harsh.

Doesnt have to be too extreme either. Eating 600-800 per day while watching tv without excercise for example is less harsh then eating 1200 while doing 2 hours of exercise. Its all about how large ur calorie defict is.

jemesmccarth
06-29-2011, 11:24 AM
I struggle to get 600 kcal a day and I literally have to force myself to eat because I do not know what a normal day worth of food looks like and I will not eat fatty foods for more than just calories. You should keep your normal consumption, and make some substitutions Health / add more fruits and vegetables.

alm0ndmilk
06-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Doesnt have to be too extreme either. Eating 600-800 per day while watching tv without excercise for example is less harsh then eating 1200 while doing 2 hours of exercise. Its all about how large ur calorie defict is.

This. I would think that over-exercising and eating what would be considered a "healthy" amount of calories has the same effect on the body as just eating a small amount of calories & doing nothing. The only difference is, with the exercise you're getting the benefit of toning up and getting firmer & stuff.

I could eat 1,200 calories in a day and burn 1000 at the gym, making my net intake for the day 200 calories. That's technically not much better than eating 200 calories and sitting around all day doing nothing.

800 calories really isn't THAT little, especially if done short term.

rubyrubyruby
07-01-2011, 11:23 PM
ok i had no idea it would be seen as tips. I already have the disease, i have for years so im not looking for nor do i need tips. If i had the energy or brain power i could just look up the nutritional value of everything but looking and reading so many packs of food is actually quite triggering. I cant just up my cals to 1200 just becuase someone on here says thats unhealthy, ur also on here becuase ur ed makes u act out unhealthy behaviour. so u should understand. If i was ed free, id be happy eating 1200 pain and guilt free, but i cant. So i can either freak out over not knowing how many cals ive eaten and stopping at 400 becuase im not sure, or i can reach out and ask those who already know the calorie value of 600 cals so i can comfortably get some food in without binging. i am trying my best. No need to attack , i doubt any of us on here are strong enough to handle it.

uroboros
07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
ok i had no idea it would be seen as tips. I already have the disease, i have for years so im not looking for nor do i need tips. If i had the energy or brain power i could just look up the nutritional value of everything but looking and reading so many packs of food is actually quite triggering. I cant just up my cals to 1200 just becuase someone on here says thats unhealthy, ur also on here becuase ur ed makes u act out unhealthy behaviour. so u should understand. If i was ed free, id be happy eating 1200 pain and guilt free, but i cant. So i can either freak out over not knowing how many cals ive eaten and stopping at 400 becuase im not sure, or i can reach out and ask those who already know the calorie value of 600 cals so i can comfortably get some food in without binging. i am trying my best. No need to attack , i doubt any of us on here are strong enough to handle it.

/hug Dont think anyone is trying to attack u in anyway. People are just showing there are alternative healthier ways aswell.

EllieMay
07-01-2011, 11:49 PM
1. You should really try to eat more but I can't make you eat just like you can't make me eat. I'm not going to judge you for that.
2. Please please please if you are going to restrict your calories make sure you're eating nutritionally dense foods. Fruits, Vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and make sure you're getting the calcium you need. Restricting doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to get the vitamins and minerals your body needs. This'll help prevent the bodily harm EDs can end in.
3. BE SAFE
4. Be warned that restricting to 600-800 will lead to more restriction later on. Be careful.

-cavities
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
giving somebody example intakes is not going to give them an ED. if this person has the willpower to execute a brief and pointless crash diet, then she will; if she doesn't, then she won't--REGARDLESS of what we say here. if she has an eating disorder, then she's already doing all sorts of craziness; if she doesn't, she won't last long on 700 calories anyway.

in my opinion, tips should be forbidden not because they help crash dieters develop eating disorders (they don't), but because being a "tips-n-trickz" sort of website attracts wannarexics (with which the dieters forum is already replete...).

breakfast:
1 half grapefruit = 50
coffee (0) with 1/2 cup skim milk = 40

snack:
1/2oz tortilla chips = 70
...with 2tbsp hummus = 70

lunch: 1 thin slice deli roast beef = 60
...with 1 SMALL slice swiss cheese = 60
...on 1 piece wheat bread = 60

snack: 1 frozen banana (110) w/sugar (25 per 2tsp i think) = 135

dinner: 3 cups fresh spinach (10 each) with lemon juice (0 cals) = 30
1oz sunchips = 140
1 pickle = 5

total: 720 very filling calories.

to be honest, i just love planning intakes. it's fun in a weird way, makes me feel creative. the above represents a typical day for me.

loletaxeni
07-04-2011, 01:28 AM
600-700 calories is half of what's needed just to upkeep the body. It's not recomended to eat under 1200 calories a day at any time. Generally women should eat healthy 1700-2000 calories a day and already having just 1500 calories should result in weight loss. Many lose weight this way healthy and continue living happy and satisfying life.

This said, 600-700 calories is medium amount of lean protein. Lean protein has about 120-140 calories per 100 grams. OR 600-700 calories is large amount of vegetables. Vegetables have generally 10-40 calories in 100 grams. Fruits are more calorie dense and have around 50-100 calories in 100 grams. Dairy has more calories, generally 80-120 in low fat dairy for 100 grams.

Processed food, fats, those have much more calories. 5 almonds is nearly 100 calories alone. Few crisps are the same. Few candy. One piece of chocolate is easily 90-100 calories. Bread has usually 70-100 calories a piece. If you put margarine on it, 10 grams (one bread) is 30-60 calories. A slice of cheese the same 30-60 calories.

The values vary of course, depending brands, contents and so on..

This is info you can find anywhere on the net. All it takes is common sense to know what is healthy, what is low calories. You just need to decide where you personally want to choose your calories from. It's your own decision if you want to eat 5 pieces of chocolate and nothing else all day or if you want to eat a kilo of vegetables and some low fat turkey breast.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8