PDA

View Full Version : how much have you gained from a binge?

clairebare
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
i've never noticed a dramatic weight gain after a binge; is this just me? does anyone gain more than a pound after a binge? what's the most you've ever gained from one binge? haha sorry so many questions :P

louder-now
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
I find if I wait it out till the food is digested I don't gain much, but the next morning I can be as much as 2.5 lbs up.
A binge for me is usually like 6000 calories in a day, so that's only really enough to gain one pound anyway. And I always eat less the next day so I guess it makes sense. Ahh but this will only encourage me to just go ahead and binge (at least when I'm at a lower weight and a pound won't make so much of a difference). I think that's why I gained 25 lbs back after losing it. But yeah, it's not just you :)

xblindmyeyesx
06-06-2011, 02:32 PM
2 pounds but its normally just food weight it goes away in few days

needtobeskinny
06-06-2011, 02:44 PM
The most I've gained is probably like 2 pounds, so I just restrict for a few days after to lose it again.

tbone
06-07-2011, 03:07 AM
LUCKY! My boyfriend and I go on binges during the weekend, because we are usually very strict with out dieting and working out during the week...

Lets just say on Friday I was 163.8 and This morning (Monday) I was 168.0 ... ouch:/

PhoebeC
06-07-2011, 04:03 AM
I gain like 3 or 4 if I don't purge =/

midnighthorizons
06-07-2011, 04:18 AM
I can gain up to 5lbs. It's usually mostly water weight though and goes away after a few days.

bitch
06-07-2011, 09:35 AM
like midnighthorizons i can gain up to 5 but after a day it pretty much goes away no matter what i do

holsie
06-08-2011, 01:21 PM
It's horrible for me. What I consider a binge has never been more than 3000 calories, but I seem to gain about 8-10lbs the next morning which does not disappear within a few days. It usually takes me a couple of weeks to get back down to where I was before the binge. It's horrible and no matter how many laxatives I take or how many days after I restrict/fast, it doesn't change. This is why my binges are pretty infrequent.

alm0ndmilk
06-09-2011, 01:41 PM
It really depends on how much the binge was. Some people count a binge as 500 extra calories, others 3000 calories.

I remember last October after I had reached my lowest weight of 102 pounds, I had a HORRIBLE binge on Halloween. I had eaten probably 2000 calories of pure junk, and this was after fasting/eating less than 700 for the previous two weeks or so. So I was 3 pounds heavier the day after. And it was basically a week of continuous binging and weight gain all the way til I was back up to 111 pounds or so. Yeah, it was really bad.

But I don't really binge anymore, only "overeat", because I've basically eliminated junk food from my diet. When I overeat I'm up like half a pound max the next morning.

Divine
06-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I have gained up to 6 pounds, that f'ck with me after that for a long time.I think I just gained even more today, but It maybe of the panic I have after eating 10000 calories and more.My body will get back at me sometime.It's just one f'cking game with death.I can't eat 300 calories a day for some time and then eat 10 000 calories. I just ate 33 days of RESTRICTION day food. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mianis
06-11-2011, 09:43 AM
I don't have BED.. with my ED (anorexia) I'd sometimes B/P ... and I'd check my weight before and after and the most I gained (i know it was just food weight though) was TWELVE pounds.. it hurt SO much and just thinking about it makes me want to cry.. what I\ve put my body through..

Brits18
06-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I have a question for you guys! So I don't have BED.. but I DO have crazy binges sometimes. I am pretty sure I have Annorexia(bullemic type). I used to just have annorexia but then new behaviors developed such as bingeing and purging in the way of laxatives, restriction, exercise... etc. Then my nutrionist told me there are two subtypes of annorexia- purging type and solely restrictive type.

Anyways.. because of my type.. I do binge. It's an actual clinical/textbook binge though. So in the thousands of calories. A few days ago I was 110 and after binging two days in a row.. I went up to 118.8. That's impossibleee! It has to be water weight/food weight right?? I'm curious on how long it takes for it to go back down and if that can be actual real weight? That's scary as hell. Since I'm pretty restrictive in my eating habbits.. I'm assuming my weight went up that much because of the water and my body holding on to a lot of it... blahh.

I'm looking for someone to calm me down before I go insane. I figured some of you may know how this works if you do it a lot... I am so paranoid right now lol

Mianis
06-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't have BED either.. I'm recovered from anorexia and have ednos now.. I used to b/p often and in 2 days gained 12 pounds.. it took 8 days for it to go back down :/

FleetingHope
06-12-2011, 10:47 PM
I have a question for you guys! So I don't have BED.. but I DO have crazy binges sometimes. I am pretty sure I have Annorexia(bullemic type). I used to just have annorexia but then new behaviors developed such as bingeing and purging in the way of laxatives, restriction, exercise... etc. Then my nutrionist told me there are two subtypes of annorexia- purging type and solely restrictive type.

Anyways.. because of my type.. I do binge. It's an actual clinical/textbook binge though. So in the thousands of calories. A few days ago I was 110 and after binging two days in a row.. I went up to 118.8. That's impossibleee! It has to be water weight/food weight right?? I'm curious on how long it takes for it to go back down and if that can be actual real weight? That's scary as hell. Since I'm pretty restrictive in my eating habbits.. I'm assuming my weight went up that much because of the water and my body holding on to a lot of it... blahh.

I'm looking for someone to calm me down before I go insane. I figured some of you may know how this works if you do it a lot... I am so paranoid right now lol

Your body is holding on to everything you ate, literally everything. I've done this same thing. I'm ana with purging subtype like you, and I've been exactly where you are.
Because of your restriction, your body isn't just going to get rid of the lbs you gained, and you're going to have to work to lose them the same way you worked to lose them the first time :( sorry.

So yeah, the most I've ever gained on a binge (two day binge) was 8lbs. The effort to lose it again is not worth the binge lol

secret.fighter
06-12-2011, 11:35 PM
This morning I was 102.4 after days of restricting (read: my metabolism is screwed and I WILL pack on the lbs if I suddenly up my cals...). Tonight I have binged on about 2500 cals. I'm only 5'1". I'll update this post when I weigh in tomorrow morning, tomorrow evening after fasting, and then the following morning to see the weight effects of this binge =T

[[EDIT]]

This morning and evening my scale tells me 103.8. So about a pound and a half for my 2500-cal binge.

We'll see what it looks like tomorrow morning and onwards, but c'mon metabolism... I believe in you... kinda... lol

n-r
06-26-2011, 11:26 AM
It really depends on how much the binge was. Some people count a binge as 500 extra calories, others 3000 calories.

I remember last October after I had reached my lowest weight of 102 pounds, I had a HORRIBLE binge on Halloween. I had eaten probably 2000 calories of pure junk, and this was after fasting/eating less than 700 for the previous two weeks or so. So I was 3 pounds heavier the day after. And it was basically a week of continuous binging and weight gain all the way til I was back up to 111 pounds or so. Yeah, it was really bad.

But I don't really binge anymore, only "overeat", because I've basically eliminated junk food from my diet. When I overeat I'm up like half a pound max the next morning.

You sound EXACTLY like me-- same height, same lowest weight, after binge weight, same goal eight, etc. (I also LOVED Sailor Moon as a child XD ).

Anyway, I was down to 102, but I binge ate the shit this past week (failed my finals and my N test T-T) and I went up to 112, but purged myself back down to 108 abouts. I gain so much when I binge because they last the course of a couple days, so like two pounds a day. It's horrible. I see my weight going up and it makes me want to eat MORE to make myself feel better, and I can't break the cycle. My only reprieve is purging.

alm0ndmilk
06-26-2011, 03:32 PM

The majority is water and food. It's impossible to gain 8 pounds of fat in two days, no matter how much you ate. Unless it was literally 30,000 calories, which I doubt.

secret.fighter
06-26-2011, 10:23 PM
A week of binging has resulted in a 10-lb gain, at least. And it's not all food/water weight because I LOOK like I've gained weight, I honestly do.

:(

UltimateDesire
06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
you guys are lucky! Im usually strict.. or throw up so when i binge and dont get rid of it. im up 4-5lbs. it does only take two days to get to normal.. or one day of fasting but its discouraging.

Mkay
06-29-2011, 08:37 AM
Back when I was a lower weight I had binged for a week straight and gained 16 lbs. I binged for a month or two straight. I gain 60 pounds, but I was gaining weight on 110 calories. My body was holding everything.

alm0ndmilk
06-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Probably 3 pounds in a day. And like 10 pounds if it was a week straight.

Kitkat
07-13-2011, 08:47 PM
A single day binge got me to 115 from 111 once. Not too terrible... but still, the worst one I ever had.

kshea
07-13-2011, 09:36 PM
My latest binge put me from 158 to 168 in just over 3 days, it's all gone now, but wow.

ohmylanky
07-31-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm bulimic, sorry for posting on this :( but before I purge sometimes I weigh myself and the most I've gained is 6 pounds I think.

thinmints
08-01-2011, 06:53 AM
This summer I've been binging constantly. 13 pounds. ;_;

WinterBones
08-06-2011, 01:02 PM
If i binge/overeat, its normally for two days or more, and I'll gain about a pound a day. Then it takes me the same number of days I binged for to get back to my weight before. If that makes any sense. (I don't have BED by the way and my binges are usually on the small side)

m!lk
08-06-2011, 02:31 PM
my binges are on the big/epic side. I've gained about 2stone/28lbs in a month. Needless to say I want to actually die

katem
08-08-2011, 10:21 AM
my binges are on the big/epic side. I've gained about 2stone/28lbs in a month. Needless to say I want to actually die

I am right there with you. This summer has been hell. Graduated college and full time job doesn't start till october = idle mind = binge monster is out of control. I've gained about 30 lbs in 2 months. I, too, feel disgusting. I don't even look at myself in the mirror and I actually (I know this is gross) dread taking showers because so much of my body is touching (my thighs used to not touch). I need to escape this hell.

wannabthinner
08-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I had a binge on Friday....I carefully planned thing for me and I gained 3lbs from it and then last night I had a 1/2 can of pringles. Ugh I feel so rotten about it now. I thought I had a handle on that kind of eating....I had lost 8 lbs and now the scale is creeping back up!!....but, I feel stuck, I feel I should be eating, but I just can't seem to make myself. I feel like I can only be allowed to eat dinner. There are all these rules I just made up for myself and I can't get it out....it's stuck there now.

Blue Spirit
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Am I dyslexic or what here?

bettybetty
10-01-2011, 06:52 PM
i've gained 2-3 kgs, abt 4-6 pounds from only 2 days of 3500 cal one day and 4000 the next day
i really look like i've gained a lot
i'm not remotely underweight, i'm (was) bmi 22 and normally i don't really gain weight if i eat 2000 cal a day so i was surprised i gained THAT much
3 days later and i'm still 3 pounds heavier and that's neither food nor waterweight, that's fat :(

lepeep37
10-01-2011, 07:03 PM
As of today, and just after my 91st consecutive binge (eg. nonstop bingeing of three months and one day), I've gained 31 pounds..:( So ashamed.

Dreamz
10-06-2011, 01:26 AM
As of today, and just after my 91st consecutive binge (eg. nonstop bingeing of three months and one day), I've gained 31 pounds..:( So ashamed.

aTo view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. girl im so sorry :( its hard to get out of the binging cycle

7dj83r8f78t4alf8