PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel after you purge?

starbrite17
06-19-2009, 07:17 AM
Sure, we may feel awesome releasing all of the "bad" things that we ate, but how do you feel right after you purge? :confused:

affingirl
06-19-2009, 07:41 AM
well.I DO feel less guilty right after I puke.Than I start feeling bloated and dizzy.haha.Maybe its just me?Than I get hungry again awhile later.:p

Sparkle
06-20-2009, 03:29 PM
I always look in the mirror & think how much I hate myself for doin it to myself but cant help it i feel sorta cleansed tho & less guilty for havin stuff to eat xxxxx

anonomousmia
06-20-2009, 05:55 PM
I look in the mirror and think 'why are u doin this?!' and part of me tells me to stop it and thats is unhealthy. but at the same time, part of me is going 'well done, got loads up, thank god' . . .and then I'm really tired to so normally get into bed! :(

missgrungie
06-20-2009, 06:48 PM
after I purge I normally feel FANTASTIC for riding myself of all the craploads of bad food I just ate (I can't control how much I eat so I usually go all out then get it all out) but normally I'm really lightheaded and my throat is a bit sore and I think that if I could just stop looking in the mirror every day then I could get out of this mess. It's like a happy, extremely happy guilt trip. And unfortunately it happens at least twice a day, if not more :(

Emma123
06-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I always feel AMAZING.

It also gives me a rush, i actually GET energy. I feel so much better.

ShowingBones.
06-22-2009, 01:33 AM
If I binge, I most of the time will purge it. When I'm done I always feel better and less guilty for what I ate.
I always have a little bit of a sore throat though.

Wannabewaif
06-22-2009, 04:08 AM
I always look in the mirror & think how much I hate myself for doin it to myself but cant help it i feel sorta cleansed tho & less guilty for havin stuff to eat xxxxx

I look in the mirror and think 'why are u doin this?!' and part of me tells me to stop it and thats is unhealthy. but at the same time, part of me is going 'well done, got loads up, thank god' . . .and then I'm really tired to so normally get into bed! :(

Yes, exactly!

Katty17
06-23-2009, 12:35 AM
You know what's weird? I get this high feeling.like all the energy in my body is just gone. And I go sit in a chair for like 10 minutes right after I purge not really thinking but just sit there.

Anyone else get that?

umaidmespill
06-23-2009, 02:28 AM
i always feel really good, and i feel skinny again.

uroboros
06-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Always makes me feel reliefed. Atleast the damage by eating has been contained.

dontaskkat
07-03-2009, 08:04 AM
You know what's weird? I get this high feeling.like all the energy in my body is just gone. And I go sit in a chair for like 10 minutes right after I purge not really thinking but just sit there.

Anyone else get that?

i know exactly how you feel. it's like a numbing high. i find that after purging, i'm a more logical thinker, i can concentrate more clearly and rationalise my thoughts. after eating everything becomes a heightened sense of paranoia. i'm scared of just sitting and waiting for my body to absorb the food i've eaten.

Maria527
07-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Before a binge I feel out of control.

During a binge I feel guilty, but once I've started I may as well make the most of it and continue.

After my binge I feel the dread of having to purge; I hate it.

During my purge I feel, "This is SO NOT worth it," and look at myself in the mirror with disgust, as others have mentioned.

After my purge I feel exhausted but relieved it is over, and I remind myself that it is not worth it so don't do it again; but I do.

mig
08-24-2009, 09:09 PM
lately I've been crying a lot after bingeing , I've had some really bad weeks where I totally lost control , I've never cried like that in 3 years of bulimia..horrible and pathetic, anyone experienced the same thing?
usually I just feel relieved and obviously very tired

zci
08-25-2009, 03:11 AM
I feel very calm, and relieved about having rid my food, this is very gross, but sometimes I just sit infront of my toilet and look at it and feel success, I feel clean and satisfied, I feel like: good for u, u did it!! then I mostly smoke a cig, and get all hungry again, and I start to feel guilty and I belittle myself, I start to feel ashamed bc many times I just do the whole thing over again...I hate it, I start to feel that I betrayed myself, or worse, my family, my recovery...I want to get better, but am at the same time extremely afraid of loosing "my mia", and then I feel I havent done a good enough job, that I am fat. and u know?? I am. I gained weight from BP, I mean, how sick is that???

Sofy88
08-25-2009, 06:55 AM
it depends...sometimes i feel good because i look at my flat and empty stomac and im happy...most of the time tho i feel like crap...i feel terrible and weak because i could resist and i had to b/p...

Sofy88
08-25-2009, 06:57 AM
mig, im exactly the same as you...lately i've been crying so hard because of this and because im not strong enough to resist and stop myself

miki14
08-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, i make myself sick on and off, going through worst weeks and good weeks. After i purge i just tend to feel dizzy and my eyes water, but i feel so good in myself that ive got all that food out of me, knowing i wont out on any weight, anyone else feel like that? x

claudiasov
10-15-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm not really thinking that much about it :p but ofc, I feel better after getting rid of that bad food that I ate, hihi :p

AnotherDay
10-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Most of the time I feel revealed and have a little energy boost. Sometimes tho depending on the day I feel awful and ashamed...my DH works his a** off to provide and put food on our table and I puke it up...what a loving wife I am. :(

pointeshoes
10-15-2009, 11:24 AM
I feel great. I get that endorphin rush, and when my stomach isn't distended anymore...it's the best feeling.

I love feeling empty...almost as much as I like chocolate.

Starving-Beauty
10-16-2009, 03:51 AM
when i purge i feel great and over the moon it makes me feel beautiful and incontroll of my lonely life as a stressed teenager as i can eat whatever i want and stay thin as long as i do my little secret afterwards and my friends are getting bigger with age and im getting smaller it makes me love myself for something i have never been able to do. But during a purge i think this was so not worth it i should have just starved but after a purge you feel really good about yourself.

Female 16 5"5
CW:116LBS
LW:116LBS
HW:148LBS
GW:112LBS

Maria527
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Most of the time I feel revealed and have a little energy boost. Sometimes tho depending on the day I feel awful and ashamed...my DH works his a** off to provide and put food on our table and I puke it up...what a loving wife I am. :(

I'm not married, but I do think about the food waste. I spend my hard earned money on groceries, often expensive healthy groceries that I think I am going to consume properly, only to gobble them all up in one sitting, then purge.

And I'm esp guilty when I get into foods that I bought specifically for my son. He'll go to get his cereal and find none and ask me what happened to the cereal. I just tell him I'll buy more.

As far as how I feel after I purge.... exhausted. And I feel bad about the amount of time I just wasted bingeing and purging. And about how much food I just wasted.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8