PDA

View Full Version : Salt Water Flush (both kinds)

SeikoMiki
06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
I was wondering what are your thoughts on the salt water flush, orally and bowelly...

For the oral flush I suppose you drink nothing but utter salt water in cold water. A LOT of salt, and eventually you'll get so sick you'll throw it up. I heard it's dangerous but you puke out a lot. I'm not sure if I like the sound of the pain but I do like the sound of throwing up a lot afterwards.

Then there is the 'safer' salt water flush for your bowel movements found on this website.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Would you do either?
Is there one you wouldn't do at all
or would do for sure?
I want to know what you guys think, especially about the oral salt water flush.

Thanks guys

emilynervosa
06-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Haven't done it, but just to warn people wanting to flush their bowels...
It must be done on an EMPTY STOMACH and with NON-IODIZED SEA SALT. Otherwise the salt will stay in your body and so much salt at once can have really bad effects. There was a girl on here who had to go to hospital when she tried this, but I think she did it after eating and I'm not sure what salt she used. Be careful guys! xxxxxx

Renaissance
06-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I girl on here almost DIED doing the salt water flush. Don't do it. The salt water flush is a bunch of crap anyway. You aren't "cleansing" your insides, the water you lose is your body trying to get rid of the salt as fast as it possibly can, because that much salt at once is dangerous. It causes electrolyte imbalance which in turn can cause a heart attack.

All it does it dehydrate you and ultimately make you retain water. Don't do it.

keep.on.dreaming
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
The reason why the salt water flush (both ways) is because it reduces the water potential outside your cells.
because your body is smart, it wants it to make that potential normal again- it takes the water from inside you cells and pumps it out.
it leaves you very dehydrated and if you loose to much water you could die.

amazon2
06-01-2010, 02:02 PM
Hmmmm.... I've never heard of it making you throw-up other than the sheer taste of it. I have done the link one before (didn't know there WAS another way...) and it does work to my satisfaction. I probably will do it again at some point but because it doesn't give me bad cramps to do it while the laxative tea I sometimes drink is a 50/50 chance of giving me bad stomach pains.

As for it making you really sick if you mess it up... if you mess it up once and nothing happens you won't get too sick. The amount of salt in the flush is actually less than most "normal" people eat in their daily diet and since it's usually done while fasting you aren't going to be getting extra salt form anywhere else. However, if you drink it every day and don't pass it, yeah it can probably seriously mess you up. X.x

*edit* oh and personally, every time I've ever done it I've never been able to get the whole liter down...

Renaissance
06-01-2010, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm.... I've never heard of it making you throw-up other than the sheer taste of it. I have done the link one before (didn't know there WAS another way...) and it does work to my satisfaction. I probably will do it again at some point but because it doesn't give me bad cramps to do it while the laxative tea I sometimes drink is a 50/50 chance of giving me bad stomach pains.

As for it making you really sick if you mess it up... if you mess it up once and nothing happens you won't get too sick. The amount of salt in the flush is actually less than most "normal" people eat in their daily diet and since it's usually done while fasting you aren't going to be getting extra salt form anywhere else. However, if you drink it every day and don't pass it, yeah it can probably seriously mess you up. X.x

*edit* oh and personally, every time I've ever done it I've never been able to get the whole liter down...

Except that the sodium intake is done all at once. If it were spread out like normal, it wouldn't be AS bad, but because the sodium is ingested all at one time your body doesn't know how to take it. Thus it tries to get rid of the sodium as quickly as possible by either vomiting or otherwise. The salt water "flush" really does little else but dehydrate you.

runnerG87
06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I've done it both ways. I don't recommend it. I don't recommend anything with regards to bulimia because I hate my hell. I recommend just stepping away from the salt water flush. Anything with regards to eating disorders are dangerous. Just don't do it. If you are going to do the salt water flush to flush your system DO IT ON AN EMPTY STOMACH! Fast for 24+ hours and then do the flush. Be ready though for a quick trip to the bathroom. As for the vomiting version, just don't do it.

amazon2
06-01-2010, 06:57 PM
While not an official "doctor's site" I did find that this one was the most factual sounding since they aren't trying to sell you the ingredients for the flush on the site: To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Salt has been used to cleanse germs from the body for centuries. Rubbing salt into a wound will prevent infection, although it will sting. The same idea is used for a salt water flush, which is a natural way to clean the intestinal tract. A saltwater flush is a safe and inexpensive alternative to enemas or colonics, and does a better job of cleansing the whole tract.

A saltwater flush work by moving through the body and breaking up fecal matter, which is then carried out of the body with the water. The salt and water don’t separate, and it has the same specific density as blood. The kidneys, therefore, can not collect the water, and the blood cannot collect the salt. The liquid will move through the body uninterrupted and clean toxins from the intestines as it moves through.

The night before performing a saltwater flush, drink a cup or two of tea that has a laxative effect. This will help loosen everything up before the flush. Saltwater flushes should be done first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. This should be scheduled for a day off of work, with no other plans. Staying home is advised, for your convenience.

It is easy to make the saltwater flush. First, heat one quart, or one liter, of water on the stove. It needs to be warm, not boiling. Second, add two teaspoons of sea salt to the water, and stir until dissolved. Don’t use processed table salt; you won’t get the same affect. Lemon or lime juice can be added for flavoring. Pour the water into a glass and drink it. It should taste very salty, and may be difficult to get down. The next step is to lay down on your right side for thirty minutes. This allows the saltwater to enter straight into your small intestine.

After performing a saltwater flush, your first bowel movement should be within two or three hours. Expect several more throughout the course of the day while your body rids itself of toxins. Some people may feel some discomfort or bloating before their first elimination. This is normal, as your body is working the saltwater through the intestine at this point. Stretches may help speed the process up by allowing the body to more easily break up any clumps in the digestive tract.

Saltwater flushes can be carried out daily for up to a week straight. After cleansing the intestinal tract, yogurt should be eaten to help repopulate the healthy bacteria in the intestines. Saltwater flushes are not necessary, but can be useful to help with constipation. Although occasional saltwater flushes aren’t dangerous, the body’s natural waste removal system generally works fine on its own.

7dj83r8f78t4alf8